Sunday 23 April 2017

NEW AIR DUCTING FOR MY WOLSELEY 4/50

Having been looking under the bonnet of my 4/50 whilst doing the recent service, I realised that the air ducting to & from the fresh air heater fan were in pretty poor condition - looking bad & leaking air in & out!  So, I decided to do some Ebay searching for some new ducting to fit the 4" inlet & 3" outlet spigots.  My first trial was with metal flex at the nearest appropriate size, which proved too small to fit the 3" outlet side, but the 4" just about fitted on the inlet with a little cut to splay it slightly.
The metal flex didn't look quite right though, & didn't fit properly anyway, so I went for the neoprene option which comes in 102mm for the 4" & 76mm for 3".  This looks far better, & the 102mm was a good fit, although to get the 76mm on I had to cut out a couple of the wire reinforcement coils & the string binding, & even then it was a real fiddle to get it on.  However, they're both now in place, held tight with new hose clips, so it's looking a lot smarter under the bonnet, & is airtight again!  See below.
Best wishes, Pat Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment